Automobile industry is tending to reduce the number of suppliers. Customer’s objective to reach cost performance target has never been so important.
Tornos enable customers to reduce costs by maximizing productivity. Tornos customers benefits from the latest know-how. As a supplier to the car industry, customer’s challenge includes the following in particular :
1. Shorter and shorter times to execute parts
2. Versatility of orders and part upgrades
3. Ever growing pressure on prices
4. Very demanding requirements at quality, tolerance and statistical inspection levels.
Reactivity : large batches are broken down in small lots according to the demand, with very short deliveries. Customer’s ability to guarantee compliance with these parameters is one of your best means of success.
Tornos is focused on meeting customer requirements. The experience Tornos has gained in the automotible sector is a benefit Tornos customer base as a whole.
Tornos has been developing products marketed throughout the world for more than 120 years and the company’s reputation speaks for itself.
The experience Tornos has gained in the car industry over the last 45 years means that Tornos can offer high-performance machining solutions for customer’s parts.
Tornos offers the ultimate flexibility to the world of multispindles with the DECO concept.
Production of small to medium series runs on the multispindle machine has now become profitable. Reduced setting-up times thanks to programming in masked time and the use of standard tooling mean that MultiSigma and MultiAlpha solutions are the perfect means of meeting the demands of the car industry.
Thanks to its fully numeric concept, the MultiSigma and MultiAlpha combine the flexibility and high productivity precision of cam-operated multispindles of old. For parts up to 28 mm for 8 spindles and up to 34 mm for 6 spindles, Tornos can offer a solution that allows customer to tackle the car sector with confidence.
Thanks to its rigidity the SIGMA is the only Swiss type lathe on the market that can produce parts with the cut parameters of a fixed headstock machine. This characterisitc make the SIGMA the perfect partner for car industy.
The new Tornos MultiSwiss combines the production capability of a six-spindle CNC with the sliding headstock Z-axis feed of a Swiss-type.
MultiSwiss is a revolutionary new line of products that bridges the gap between single spindle and multispindle lathes. MultiSwiss is equipped with 6 sliding headstock spindles that use torque motor technology for barrel indexing. Its ultra-high speed makes it possible to achieve near cam driven multispindle cycle times.
– Completely numerically controlled.
– Ultra-rapid turret indexing.
– Ultra dynamic spindles.
– Independent spindle speeds.
– 14 linear axes, 7 c axes.
– Up to 18 tools (3 tools per position).
– Thermo regulated machine core.
– Excellent chip removal and handling.
– Flexibility and ergonomics
– Easy set-up and change over.
– Low tooling costs.
– Reliable production of a wide variety of parts with tight tolerances.
– Open machine with good frontal access.
– Completely integrated peripheral units.