Automobile industry is tending to reduce the number of suppliers. Customer’s objective to reach cost performance target has never been so important.
Tornos has been developing products marketed throughout the world for more than 120 years and the company’s reputation speaks for itself. The experience Tornos has gained in the car industry over the last 45 years means that Tornos can offer high-performance machining solutions for customer’s parts.
The experience Tornos has gained in the automotible sector is a benefit Tornos customer base as a whole. Tornos enable customers to reduce costs by maximizing productivity.
As a supplier to the car industry, customer’s challenge includes the following in particular :
- Shorter and shorter times to execute parts
- Versatility of orders and part upgrades
- Ever growing pressure on prices
- Very demanding requirements at quality, tolerance and statistical inspection levels.
MultiSwiss is a revolutionary new line of products that bridges the gap between single spindle and multispindle lathes. MultiSwiss is equipped with 6 sliding headstock spindles that use torque motor technology for barrel indexing. Its ultra-high speed makes it possible to achieve near cam driven multispindle cycle times.
Key features of Multiswiss
- Completely numerically controlled.
- Ultra-rapid turret indexing.
- Ultra dynamic spindles.
- Independent spindle speeds.
- 14 linear axes, 7 c axes.
- Up to 18 tools (3 tools per position).
- Thermo regulated machine core.
- Excellent chip removal and handling.
- Flexibility and ergonomics
- Easy set-up and change over.
- Low tooling costs.
- Reliable production of a wide variety of parts with tight tolerances.
- Open machine with good frontal access.
- Completely integrated peripheral units.